Friday, April 08, 2005

Tip: Save You Wallet on High Flying Gas Price

It's hard to see the gas price tag make the record high, again, without doing anything to help. Last time, I introduced a way to save you 3% at any gas station with a Chase Perfect Card. This time, I found a even better deal to earn 5% back at any gas station. The tip for you is to charge your gas purchases on a Citi Dividend Platinum Select Card. Apply now, get approved, and start using it to get 5% back.

At first I had doubt on the 5% rebate thing Citi claimed, so I tried it out. Last week, my accrued rebate exceeded $100, and they mailed me a check to appreciate having me. The best part of the rebate program is that the 5% back is also applicable to purchases at supermarkets as well as at drugstores. We charged our routine purchases for my household of four using Citi dividend Select Card, and the accrued amount is about 5% of our $1000 gas plus supermarket spending month to month. Within a couple months, I received $100 back by mail. Simple as that.

The card do not requires an annual fee as long as you use it a couple times a year. When you have it, you want to use it as many times as possible to take the advantage of its rebating program. However, the generic rule of thumb must apply - always pay off your monthly balance when you can, and be persist. That way, you'll enjoy the feeling of paying 95% the price other people are paying on gas and at supermarkets. Apply now, get approved, and start using it to get 5% back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you might enjoy this oil change coupon site : oil change coupon

Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with

Anonymous said...

Hi hko19, I’m out searching the web for the latest
and greatest information on save gas and found your
great site. Although this post wasn’t specifically
what I was looking for it definitely got my interest
and attention. I see now why I found your interesting
blog when I was looking for save gas related
information and I’m grateful I found your site even
though its not a perfect match. Great Post, thanks
for your informative site,